We are of course committed to protecting your data and privacy and do so in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulations.
To find out more about GDPR please visit www.ico.org.uk
Who We Are
Weir Wood Paddle Sports Club
Please do not hesitate to contact us about any concerns you have or queries about our Privacy Notice.
Why We Store & Process Data
We have a legitimate interest and contractual need to collect and process certain information about you in order to process your membership and ensure your safety, these are the legal bases on which we process data in accordance with GDPR. If we ever intent to market to you, we will ask for your express consent beforehand.
Information we collect:
- Email & Telephone
- Medical information, such as allergies or health conditions
- Emergency contact information
We are sure you can understand the need to process all the above information about you, and please be assured we do so in a secure and robust manner.
We will from time-to-time get in touch with you using data you have provided to let you know about our opening times, club safety, weather conditions and other information that is of legitimate interest to both parties.
We will store your data for 2 years from receiving it, at which point we will ask you if we can continue to store and process your information.
How We Collect Data
We collect data through:
- Our website – this information is anonymous and unidentifiable to you, we use to it to find out things like where people on our website are located, their gender etc. (We also use a third party, Google Analytics, to check on the audience and performance of our website – this information is anonymous and non-identifiable to you.)
- Contact forms (on our website & on paper) – as we have a legitimate interest to reply to your enquiries – we then process this data if you become a member or to inform you about our opening ours and safety procedures
- Social media – if you contact us through one of our social media channels, we can access any publicly available information about you (please check your own privacy and security settings to change this). We will on occasion then process and store this information outside of social media platforms, but only with your prior permission
Under the General Data Protection Regulation your individual rights have increased, you have the right to:
- The right of access – to ask for a copy of personal data that we hold about you
- The right to erasure or to be forgotten (in certain circumstances) – to request that we delete personal data held on you; where we no longer have any legal reason to retain it
- The right to rectification – the right to ask us to update and correct any out-of-date or incorrect personal data that we hold about you
- The right to object – the right to opt out of any marketing communications that we may send you and to object to us using / holding your personal data if we have no legitimate reasons to do so
- The right to restrict processing (in certain circumstances) – to ask us to ‘restrict processing of data’; which means that we would need to secure and retain the data for your benefit but not otherwise use it
- The right to data portability (in certain circumstances) – to ask us to supply you with some of the personal data we hold about you in a structured machine-readable format and/or to provide a copy of the data in such a format to another organisation
To exercise any of your rights please email you requests to firstname.lastname@example.org
If you are concerned about any of our data handling, you are of course entitled to raise the issue with the Information Commissioners Officer – www.ico.org.uk
Thanks for reading!
This Privacy Notice was updated on the 24th May 2018. It is reviewed every 6 months, or sooner if there are regulation/compliance changes.