Favourite paddling moment:
When I had been selected for the Junior Worlds K1 500m in 1995, be back at my club on the canal at 06:00 in the morning, no wind, sun rising, on my own feeling myself with the boat glide through the water like a red hot knife cutting through butter, being on a high.
Been involved in the sport for over 30 years as an athlete and as a coach.
Skills and Accreditations:
- Sport Science and Leisure Management BSc. (Hons) (2000 Brunel University).
- British Canoeing (Old) Level 3 Sprint Racing Coaching Qualification (2005).
- British Canoeing (New) Level 3 Sprint Racing Coaching Qualification (2016).
- Neuro Linguistic Programming (Practitioner, 2009).
- ASA Swimming Teacher (1995).
- British Weight Lifters Association (Leaders Award).
- Educator for UKAD
- National Powerboat Certificate Level 2
- Child Protection and Best Practise
- Time to Listen
- First Aid at Work