Favourite Paddling Moments
- Summer expeditions in Norway & Sweden – 1984 – 2000
- Leading an additional needs expedition in Sweden – 1998
- Imagining myself in the escape scene in Mohicans when racing to an island camp.
- Picturing Swallows & Amazons in my head as a 10 year old
- Rowing, Kayak, Open Canoe & Sailing for 55 years
- Canal, river & lake paddling in the UK
- Extensive Open Canoe River & lake travel in Scandinavia.
- Rowing the English Channel in a Montague Whaler 20+ hours!
Skills & Accreditations
- Royal Yachting Association Powerboat Level 2 – 1984 & 2004
- Royal Yachting Association First Aid – 2016 current
- British Canoeing Placid Water – 1982
- 38 years teaching Open Canoeing with additional needs – 1980 onwards
- Wheelyboat Helm at Weir Wood & Marlow Rivertime Festival supporting Additional Needs – 2016 onwards
- Additional Needs Canoe Camp Bewl Water – 1984
- Water specific Health & Safety documentation & operational practise – 1980 onwards
- EYA First Aid