Club Member Nights & Events
Members Club Night
- April through to October (NB: season/weather dependant)
- Thursday – 5:00pm – 7.30pm – light and weather permitting
- Please sign in before paddling
- Access to Sailing Club Facilities
For all potential new members!
You are welcome to come along and try out paddle sports on our Thursday Club nights by PRIOR ARRANGEMENT ONLY.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know.
This is to help our coaches plan equipment use and activities for our members, and avoid anyone missing out
Open Access for Members
- All year round (Weather dependant)
- Access to Fishing Lodge facilities
Season & Opening Hours:
- All weather permitting
- Club Night – April to October
- Open access for capable members – 12 months of year
- All weather permitting:
- Club Night – 17:00pm until 30 minutes before sunset
- Open access for capable members – 8.00am to 30minutes before
- Sailing Club & Fishing Lodge
- Club Canoes
- Support boat on club night
- Boat park (at members own risk)
- Kit drop off at waters edge, please then park in main car park
The boring but essentials…
Club & Personal Health & Safety:
At the risk of being boring, Weir Wood Paddle Sports must always follow best practice
- Club & personal risk assessment to apply at all times
- 50 Newton buoyancy to be worn at all times (Please note: Flat water training & racing dispensation due to support boat attendance)
- Open access paddlers to avoid paddling alone if possible, undertake a dynamic risk assessment before launching and follow all appropriate safety procedures.
- All padding activities outside of formal club sessions our entirely at the users own risk
- Members are expected to support the club maintenance and upkeep
- NO dogs please!
If would like to get in touch about a particular event or training experience please contact us – we are happy to help.
Paddle Sports not for you but want to get outdoors and enjoy Weir Wood Reservoir?
Take a look at the other outdoor activities you can take part in at Weir Wood Reservoir.
- Open Water Swimming with Pop Up Open Water Swims – click here for more information
- Sailing with Weir Wood Sailing Club – click here to find out more
- Fishing with Weir Wood Carp and Course Fishery – more information here